Wednesday 1 January 2014

I pray for your beginnings

...the beginning of your days. May you awake each day this year with a deeper awareness of His presence with{in} you. Before you get out of bed, I'm praying that you would awake with a stronger sense of purpose and hope for your days as a result of acknowledging His presence more and more. As your feet hit the floor for the first time each morning, I pray they would be "fitted firmly with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." (Eph 6:15) I'm praying that as you dress, you would also put on the rest of the armor of God, so that you are adequately prepared for the various battles you will face each day. And I pray that as you eat breakfast, that you would be encouraged to also nourish your soul by reading the Bible.
...the beginning of your projects and plans. You all have tasks that fill your day - be it school, work or both! I'm praying for you as begin new papers, presentations and proposals. May God guide your preparation and delivery - I pray He infuses your work with creativity, confidence and discernment. I also pray for wisdom for you to be a blessing to your peers/colleagues.
...and the beginning of change
~in your goals... May your goals be God-inspired, and may He give you the resources and encouragement to pursue and fulfill them.
~in your unforeseen circumstances... I'm praying that you would know that His grace is sufficient for you (2 Cor. 12:9). When surprising things happen that are difficult, I pray you would draw ever closer to the Anchor during the storm. When unexpected blessings happen I pray you would give credit and thanks to the Father who loves to give good gifts to His children.
~in your hearts... I pray that your hearts would be ever more aligned with God's heart. We all need to keep pressing in, allowing the potter to mold our hearts, so that what comes out of our mouths can be an ever increasing light to others. I pray your hearts would be softened, that you would embrace suffering, and live gratitude, as a means of allowing His transforming power to be unleashed in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment