Friday 5 August 2011

.:.Again.:.

I love this quote by GK Chesterton:

"Because children have abounding vitality, because they are in spirit fierce and free,
therefore they want things repeated and unchanged.
They always say, "Do it again"; and the grown-up person does it again until he is nearly dead.
But perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony.
It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike;
it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them.
It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy;
for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we.”

I also really like this quote:

"Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the little voice
at the end of the day that says
I'll try again tomorrow."
~ Mary Ann Radmacher

Do it again.
Try again tomorrow.
When breathing is no longer routine; when sitting or standing up is an overwhelming task; whatever you face, you can know that when God says, “Do it again” to getting up in the mornings and facing another day, another hour, He is your strength, weak as you may feel. And rest assured when He asks you, he asks with purpose, though you may question why.
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” Psalm 28:7
Finding joy in all circumstances is hard. My heart is heavy. My prayer is Psalm 29:11 which says, “May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!”
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.:.

No comments:

Post a Comment